Roland SH-1000 MIDI Retrofit Kit
£230.00 to £355.00 ex VAT
£276.00 to £426.00 inc VAT
Bring the power of MIDI to your Roland SH-1000 – control your SH-1000 from your DAW, sequencer or other controller with the Kenton Roland SH-1000 MIDI Retrofit Kit. With our MIDI kit, you can control notes, modulation, pitchbend and the SH-1000’s LFO and filter cut-off, as well as sustain and slide/portamento. See below for a full list of features.
PLEASE NOTE: Fitting a retro fit kit is a skilled job which should be undertaken only by a competent synth service engineer or fitted by us at our premises in Epsom, just outside London.
Note that we build retrofit kits to order once your payment has been processed. It then takes us up to 10 working days to build and test the kit before we can despatch it.
We also offer a CV/Gate/FIlter Socket Kit for the Roland SH-1000 – see Roland SH-1000 Socket Kit for more details.
Roland SH-1000 MIDI Retrofit Kit Features
The Roland SH-1000 MIDI Retrofit Kit will:
- Add MIDI functionality to the Roland SH-1000, without changing the SH-1000’s own functionality
- Automatically switch between keyboard and MIDI control
- Select any of the 16 MIDI channels
- Control note pitch, pitch-bend, modulation, filter cut-off (both low-pass and high-pass), sustain and slide/portamento
- Modulate VCO and filter cut-off using its built in LFO
- Add MIDI In and MIDI Thru sockets, and a push button for programming the Retrofit Kit
- Store setup in non-volatile memory (EEPROM)
The Roland SH-1000 MIDI Retrofit Kit supports the following MIDI events:
- 16 MIDI Channels – you can select any MIDI channel
- Notes (MIDI note numbers 36 – 96) – (transposable)
- Pitchbend – you can select the range: 2 semitones, a fifth or an octave
- Aftertouch, Velocity and Pitchbend can be routed to control volume and both filter cutoffs
- CC#1 (Mod Wheel) – controls the Roland SH-1000’s own LFO (can be set to control retrofit’s own MIDI-syncable LFO)
- CC#64 (Sustain On/Off) – sustains notes
- CC#65 (Portamento On/Off) – controls glide (portamento) built into the MIDI Retrofit Kit
- CC#5 (Portamento Time) – controls glide (portamento) rate built into the MIDI Retrofit Kit
- CC#16 – controls the Roland SH-1000’s Low Pass Filter cutoff frequency
- CC#12 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO MIDI Sync
- CC#13 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO waveshape
- CC#14 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO speed
- CC#15 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO to VCO amount
- CC#17 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO to Low Pass Filter cutoff amount
- You can assign different CCs to the above parameters
- You can assign Pitchbend, Aftertouch and Velocity to Volume and filter cut-offs
- MIDI In & Thru sockets
- Push button (for programming the MIDI setup)
- MIDI Circuit board – fits inside the Roland SH-1000
- Small pack – DIN sockets and mounting hardware
- Large pack – cable assemblies
- User instructions – How to change from default settings and general instructions
- Fitting instructions – step by step fitting instructions
We fully check and test all kits before despatch.