ARP Odyssey Mk2 (Black/Gold Face)
See also ARP Odyssey Mk1 (Grey Face) and ARP Odyssey Mk3 (Black/Orange Face) MIDI Retrofit Kits.
£325 ex VAT
£390.00 inc VAT
Bring the power of MIDI to your ARP Odyssey Mk2 (Black/Gold Face).
The Kenton ARP Osyssey Mk2 MIDI Retrofit Kit gives you enhanced control over your ARP Odyssey Mk2 using MIDI, allowing you to control it from your DAW, sequencer or other controller. You can control notes, modulation, pitchbend, volume and the Odyssey’s LFO and filter cut-off. In addition, the Retrofit Kit gives you sustain and slide/portamento. See below for a full list of features.
THIS RETROFIT IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE FULLY FITTED BY US AT OUR PREMISES IN EPSOM, JUST OUSIDE LONDON.
Note also that retrofit kits are always built to order after your payment has been processed. It then takes us up to 10 working days to build and test the kit before we can despatch it.
- Adds MIDI functionality to the ARP Odyssey, without changing the ARP 2600’s own functionality
- Automatically switches between keyboard and MIDI control
- Select any of the 16 MIDI channels
- Controls note pitch, pitch-bend, modulation, filter cut-off, volume, sustain and slide/portamento
- Built in LFO that can modulate VCO and filter cut-offs
- Adds MIDI In and MIDI Thru sockets, and a push button for programming the Retrofit Kit
- Setup is stored in non-volatile memory (EEPROM)
- Any MIDI channel can be selected
- Notes (MIDI note numbers 36 – 96) – (transposable)
- Pitchbend – range selectable between 2 semitones, a fifth or an octave
- Aftertouch, Velocity and Pitchbend can be routed to control volume and filter cutoff
- CC#1 (Mod Wheel) – controls the ARP Odyssey’s own LFO (can be set to control retrofit’s own MIDI-syncable LFO)
- CC#7 (Volume) – Volume
- CC#64 (Sustain On/Off) – sustains notes
- CC#65 (Portamento On/Off) – controls glide (portamento) built into Retrofit Kit
- CC#5 (Portamento Time) – controls glide (portamento) rate built into Retrofit Kit
- CC#16 – controls the ARP Odyssey’s Low Pass Filter cutoff frequency
- CC#12 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO MIDI Sync
- CC#13 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO waveshape
- CC#14 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO speed
- CC#15 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO to VCO amount
- CC#17 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO to Low Pass Filter cutoff amount
- All of the above parameters can be assigned to different CCs
- Pitchbend, Aftertouch and Velocity can be assigned to Volume and filter cut-offs
- MIDI In, & Thru sockets
- Push button (for programming the MIDI setup)
The kit comprises the following items:
- MIDI Circuit board – fits inside the ARP Odyssey
- Small pack – DIN sockets and mounting hardware
- Large pack – cable assemblies
- User instructions – How to change from default settings and general instructions
- Fitting instructions – step by step fitting instructions
All kits are fully checked and tested before despatch.
How to connect using our MIDI to CV Converters