Korg miniKORG 700 MIDI Retroft Kit
£375 ex VAT
£450.00 inc VAT
Bring the power of MIDI to your miniKORG 700.
The Kenton miniKORG 700 MIDI Retrofit Kit gives you enhanced control over your Korg miniKORG 700 using MIDI, allowing you to control it from your DAW, sequencer or other controller. You can control notes, modulation, pitchbend and the 700’s LFO and filter cut-off. In addition, the Retrofit Kit gives you sustain and slide/portamento. See below for a full list of features.
Note this kit is for the single-oscillator miniKORG 700. For the dual-oscillator miniKORG 700S see Korg miniKORG 700S MIDI Retrofit Kit.
THIS RETROFIT IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE FULLY FITTED BY US AT OUR PREMISES IN EPSOM, JUST OUTSIDE LONDON.
- Adds MIDI functionality to the miniKORG 700, without changing the miniKORG 700’s own functionality
- Automatically switches between keyboard and MIDI control
- Select any of the 16 MIDI channels
- Controls note pitch, pitch-bend, modulation, filter cut-off (both low-pass and high-pass), sustain and slide/portamento
- Built in LFO that can modulate VCO and filter cut-offs
- Adds MIDI In and MIDI Thru sockets, and a push button for programming the Retrofit Kit
- Setup is stored in non-volatile memory (EEPROM)
- Any MIDI channel can be selected
- Notes (MIDI note numbers 36 – 96) – (transposable)
- Pitchbend – range selectable between 2 semitones, a fifth or an octave
- Aftertouch, Velocity and Pitchbend can be routed to control volume and both filter cutoffs
- CC#1 (Mod Wheel) – controls the miniKORG 700’s own LFO (can be set to control retrofit’s own MIDI-syncable LFO)
- CC#64 (Sustain On/Off) – sustains notes
- CC#65 (Portamento On/Off) – controls glide (portamento) built into Retrofit Kit
- CC#5 (Portamento Time) – controls glide (portamento) rate built into Retrofit Kit
- CC#16 – controls the miniKORG 700’s Low Pass Filter cutoff frequency
- CC#18 – controls the miniKORG 700’s High Pass Filter cutoff frequency
- CC#12 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO MIDI Sync
- CC#13 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO waveshape
- CC#14 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO speed
- CC#15 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO to VCO amount
- CC#17 – MIDI Retrofit Kit’s LFO to Low Pass Filter cutoff amount
- All of the above parameters can be assigned to different CCs
- Pitchbend, Aftertouch and Velocity can be assigned to Volume and filter cut-offs
- MIDI In, & Thru sockets
- Push button (for programming the MIDI setup)
The kit comprises the following items:
- MIDI Circuit boards – fit inside the miniKORG 700
- Small pack – DIN sockets and mounting hardware
- Large pack – cable assemblies
- User instructions – How to change from default settings and general instructions
- Fitting instructions – step by step fitting instructions
All kits are fully checked and tested before despatch.